My US Top 6 Serial Killers

I am using poster images I have found through google I do not own any rights and am using the image purely for future review purposes (Fair use under the copyright act sections 29 and 30 under use for a review).

So this might be a bit of a strange one, but I thought I’d share with you my top 6 US serial killers.

Now I want to clarify what I mean by top 6. These are the serial killers that I heard about first and that sparked my interest in true crime. Like every other true crime “fan” – I don’t condone what these vile piece-of-shits did and I believe they got what they deserved in the end, but the idea that a human is capable of doing this to another is what interests me.

These killers will be getting their own post in the future but for now they can be together.

Also, it’s a top 6 not a top 5 because I couldn't decide. So with that said, here’s my top 6:


1. Ted Bundy. Everyone knows what he did, but for a quick recap: He was a serial killer and rapist who killed at least 28 women between 1974 and 1978 in five different states. He was sentenced to death in 1979 for the murder of two college students and a 12 year old girl. He was finally executed in 1989 by electric chair.


2. Edmund Kemper, also known as the ‘Co-ed Killer’. He was a serial killer and necrophile who killed 10 people including his grandparents and mother. His first murders were in 1964 and his spree was between 1972 and 1973. Fun fact – Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs is based on Kemper.


3. Ed Gein, also known as ‘The Butcher of Plainfield’. This guadmitted to killing two women and had exhumed corpses from the local graveyards to make trophies from their bones and skin – like a lamp! And a belt made of nipples!! Fun fact – he was the inspiration behind the movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre.


4. Zodiac Killer. Over 50 years and we still don’t know who he is. He terrorised Northern California from some time in the 1960s to the early 1970s. He sent letters and cards to the press in the area.


5. John Wayne Gacy. This man was said to be a ‘pillar of the community’ and no one suspected him of assaulting and murdering at least 33 young men and boys. Gacy performed at local children’s hospitals and events as ‘Pogo the Clown’. His murder spree was from 1972 to 1978 and was ultimately executed by lethal injection in 1994.


6. Dennis Rader. Known as BTK which stands for Bind. Torture. Kill and he gave himself the nickname. He terrorised Wichita, Kansas between 1974 and 1991, killing ten people and taunted the police and newspapers by sending letters to them detailing his crimes. He took 10 years off before resuming the taunting letters and was ultimately caught in 2005.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Piper Boy & The Love of a Dog

Pennhurst State School